Friday 17 August 2018

KERALA FLOODS 2018

I have been covering Kerala floods for the last one week. I am disturbed with what I am seeing here. In this God's own country, people are struggling to find a place just to stand. There are thousands of people waiting to be rescued and reaching relief camp only to save their lives. Grief, pain, wail are the only sounds I hear here.

I interviewed a panchayat president in Kerala named Mini Eldhora. She is the president for Nedumabserry panchayat which includes Cochin airport. She says there were 35,000 people in her panchayat and she doesnt know whether are are safe. She broke down during the interview. I am amazed to see such a great humane politician. Love you Mini.

https://www.bbc.com/tamil/india-45219435

I spoke to Water Man o India: Rajendra Singh: He said water flowing through Kerala's rivers are not floods but tears of rivers that are encroached.
I will add information whenever I am possible to use internet.


No comments:

Post a Comment