Sunday 5 November 2017

What happens when you travel from South to North Chennai during floods?



I traveled from South of Chennai to the North last Friday to gather details on flooding in various parts of Chennai.
Packed my bags and took the help of an automan to ride from one end to another end.
Stopped to click and get bytes from people who were on streets, inside flooding houses and struggling to ride their bikes.
Adyar, Saidapet, Marina and the took the straight road to Royapuram, then to Vysarpadi, Tiruvotiryur and to Kodungaiyur.
Two little kids in Kodungaiyur asked me about my camera, they were excited about holding a mic. I recorded their byte. Though they were upset about snake entering their homes, they were happy about one thing, riding their cycles in the knee deep water.
Spoke to city corporation commissioner, ministers, sanitary workers about relief measures.
I had one question for which I did not get a proper answer: Why same areas are getting flooded in the same manner every year, why couldn't we map those areas properly and fix loopholes at one go?
My news report published in Tamil:
http://www.bbc.com/tamil/global-41875072

No comments:

Post a Comment